Wednesday 12 September 2012

Sketchbook - a familiar place

I didn't do too badly with my 'sketch a day' challenge. I limited the challenge to the school holiday, knowing that with the best will in the world I would not get out every day once the organised chaos of the school year started. Over the 6 week hols I missed just two days, and only twice had to take shelter from the rain to draw, although some days I had to time my drawing quite carefully!

As the days went by I found myself returning to a couple of spots to draw more than once. It became an intriguing thing to do, what would I look for on each occasion?

This is a familiar place that I drew 4 times, the sketches are starting to provide a much fuller picture than my photographs can...

surface

structure
 
focal point
 
light

Changes in light and mood, the influence of the weather, building memory. Building blocks for future work.

 
 

No comments: