Sunday 10 November 2013

Charcoal drawing - viewpoint


I wondered if a different viewpoint would produce an interesting piece.

 

I noticed this minor path made by animals when I was doing a photographic recce at the end of the summer. The scale of the leaves and the dark leading to the light intrigued me.
The drawing challenged me, and there was more interpretation on the drawing board than I expected.


This earlier stage shows how the tonal balance and shaping changed as the drawing progressed. The process of bringing a drawing from the paper continues to be both challenging and endlessly fascinating.

1 comment:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Have just found your lovely blog, browsing as I do. It is always fascinating to me to see other people's sketchbooks and I'm fascinated by the power of black and white. I know I will return.